The Gallery

In the vicinity of Ron ‘s island stands the mighty Castle Atlantis.
Therein I may sit and think.



On the desk there is a book printed in very old times.
While I write I often look at its colorful pictures.
They were made during times that peoples wanted to see things
they could not see in real so they were making them visible
with line and color and believing.
For themselves and for others
who did not have the talents and the means to do that.




Well,
I don’t know much about art and paintings and stuff.
I know that once was very important to make paintings for things peoples could not see.
Like saints, angels and landscapes and portraits.
Although we have in our days Photoshop, digital cams and video and internet
and such,
there are some people who make artworks in the old ways.
When I think about it I get some mixed thoughts about art .
And now guess what.
Just above the swinging light colors of the grand dance floor of ZeusClub
I discovered its Art Gallery with artworks themed:
Mixed feelings and mixed media.







All made by Oakley Hoxley, who has his studio just in front of my tree-house.



Well
I haven't any mixed thoughts about these artworks
and I really don’t give a damn how he makes them.

Because Oakley doesn’t just throw colors and lines on some surface
for a make-up that someone has to pretend that he understands it.

To my idea he writes stories.
btw letters and numbers are drawings too.
Better said,
I read …he he …each of Oakley ‘s artwork as an e-mail
about what he feels on a certain moment
and wants to share with me personally.

I was looking at the "Blue"


where in Oackley writes to me
" the bunny is sad because the child grows and that will make him an unemployed sweet bunny memory "

or onto "Nunboy"




"Both the Nun and the boy feel blue because they prey for something but nobody listens"

When I saw "Tom"

 

I asked my self " Who the hell is Tom on this artwork?"
and Oackley  answers whispering in my head :
"Who cares dude, both purr into the sunshine and with closed eyes they see
all what you would see if you were Tom".

Look at more of Oackley 's here
or
If you come to Zeus for some great fun or shopping  climb into the Zeus gallery to see the real thing. I swear it  is not scary arty nonsense.
These pieces  are messages from him to you…to  every one.
Pity  that they are so few of them to see there.
 Just go and read them. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
laters :):)







No comments:

Post a Comment